Friday, April 3, 2009

All About Alex

These were printed for the Surface Altered class, the assignment was rather open, simple entitled "All about Alex". Processes used include liquid emulsion, cyanotype, vandyke brown, gum bichromate, acrylic lifts and transfer, tape lifts, as well as charcoal pencil for the text.


My concept was to portray "Alex" across various stages of his/her life, Alex was chosen because of the androgynous nature of the name. I chose my models based on how well I think they could portray stages of a life, not necessarily if they were actually in that "stage" of life. I could have applied more text to the images to help define them but for the most part they are successful. I plan on redoing this series in order to better unify it as one life that represents us all. Some of the stages are more blatant than others, and not all of the pieces incorporate text right now. Hopefully new and improved pieces will be up soon (If I ever find free time, har har!)

No comments:

Post a Comment