Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Old People


Old Man bench05
Originally uploaded by Major Theodore Friend
I love old people. They can be charming, charismatic, cool or just down right cold hearted. But the cool ones are my favorites. The people who will have a conversation with you, or just let you take their photograph. I've found a great way to be able to take someone's photograph is to just have a genuine conversation with them first. Sometimes people will even prompt you to take their picture.

Today for example I was walking around with my camera and a lady, jokingly, suggested I take her picture. Not one to miss an opportunity I took her up on the offer and eventually I got her and her co-worker interacting in the shot. Unfortunately the pictures turned out to be out of focus, which is why this post starts with a photograph of an old man and not them. I'll just have to try again another day, and this time remember to focus.

Focus, focus, focus,
Evan

1 comment: