Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Gum Bichromate for the win!

Just another quick post, putting up some non-silver work.
I love working in non-silver, large negatives, contact prints, and most importantly the ability to get hands on with a print and really affect the way it turns out.
I used a foam brush while this image was developing to brush off some of the gum, and get lighter tones in the background as well as creating a sense of motion. This is just the first layer of the print, I have a second version that I am working on, but it went AWOL after class yesterday and I'm hoping to find it. I just coated it with a gorgeous shade of red purple, and I would really like to find it.

Another great part of gum bichromate is the endless color options it provides you, even the ability to print on black, using white pigment of course. I had some positives of a few of the images I had been printing in other processes and decided to give it a shot.

Subtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment