Friday, March 20, 2009

End of a long day

More accurately this should be end of a long week, but its not over yet.

Its been an enjoyable week, spent most of it in the darkroom, or passing out from lack of sleep (see spending most of it in the darkroom) But I made a lot of prints, some tintypes (:D) and I bought some liquid light! So now I can make really large prints for relatively cheap (large paper is ungodly expensive!)

But back to today. Woke up extra early to get to class on time, tintypes (which are super exciting and difficult to perfect) got me super pumped for class!

Had a crit in Photo II after 6 hours of tintyping it up, which was interesting. It started out with a half hour of just silent critique where we went around I just wrote our thoughts on the images, no talking, just contemplating, and giving feedback. I haven't had the time to read mine yet, but it was a great way to start the crit. I felt a bit rushed, I wanted to spend more time admiring everyones work but we did spent a decent amount of time on it. The rest of the crit was pretty usual, some works evoking more responces than other, but overall a good group of work from everyone.

Getting home was awesome. Mostly because I cooked food.
Like real food.
Like rice.
And chili.
Chili is so good.
However my ratio of rice to chili was a bit off. At the start one cup of rice and one can of chili start out very similar in size, but having never actually cooked rice before I was unaware how much the rice expands. Either way, I was craving a real meal, (I had a chocolate shake at Potbelly's earlier, which was awesome but not wholesome) so I ate it all anyway.
The rice was a bit too hard, I'll have to cook it longer next time...

On a last note I caught the President of the United States of Americaaaaaaa on the tonight show, which is really awesome. He made valid points, and even joked a little bit, even talking about an exploding toaster at one point (it related) I don't know how it ended because sometime around the end I just passsed out (sleeeeep, I need more sleeep) So I kind of remember it like this.
And now its time to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment