Friday, March 20, 2009

Lightroom to Darkroom

Recently I've start to simply scan my negatives instead of making contact sheets. While this isn't the most time efficient process, it allows me to figure out where I want to take a print all without using any paper. The best part is trying to figure out how to translate a digital version of a negative back into a silver print. There are no sliders in the darkroom, just lots of knobs. So translating an image can be kind of confusing, but I'm getting the hang of it.

Some images however will never quite make the transition back from the digital world, like this one, since the colors only appeared when it was scanned.
However this photo wouldn't have been as interesting without of the real world dust, scratches, and water marks (No photoshop :D ) Never the less it would still be great to be able to bring this back into the darkroom and print it.

No comments:

Post a Comment