Friday, March 27, 2009

Self/Gum printing

I've been working a lot by/with myself lately. Hair cut is major reason why, its a change that makes me want to shoot. Distracting hair is gone, the face is more prominent.

While it is nice to photograph myself I need to start working with models again. My next photo II project is probably going to be lacking in people so side projects will hopefully be portrait full (If I can find time!)

I love trying out different formats, the square is quite challenging, but its nice to have that. Most of my squares have been crops from 35mm and digital, but I'm going to shoot the Hasselblad in DC next weekend! The way these photos lined up great, but having them the same with ties them together much better than how I originally planned to display then, horizontally.


I want to try more mixed media, drawing on prints, collage, etc. Non silver is great for getting hands on with a print (although I probably shouldn't, chemicals are bad!) but I need to try taking it further.

No comments:

Post a Comment